Pizza is one of those easy and unfussy foods that is ubiquitous in American diets. While supermarket pizzas range in quality from top-notch to belongs-in-the-garbage, there’s no denying the convenience of being able to pick up a few while grocery shopping.
Aldihas made pizza part of their product stock, but you might be surprised at how many different kinds they have, and for how many different types of diets. Let’s look at the types, how much they cost, whether they’re any good and much more!
Table Of Contents show
Aldi Pizza In 2023
The vast majority of the pizza sold at Aldi falls under their MamaCozziItalian foods line. Here they go one better and call it the MamaCozziPizza Kitchen line, as if to highlight the impossibly wide selection. Seriously, for a store with only 4,000 different items, 1,000 of them must be pizza!
To learn more about the types of pizza Aldi sells, what the best and worst ones are, and why Aldi pizza is so cheap, keep on reading!
Types Of Pizza Aldi Sells
- Frozen Thin Crust–In the grand tradition of cheap grocery store frozen pizzas, Aldi sells a frozen thin crust pizza,withoptions likecheese,four-cheese, pepperoni, three meat, and supreme, for a mere $2.19.I highly doubt if you could find a frozen pizza for that price in any other supermarket.These thin crusts aren’t huge, but they comfortably feed two or three, with additional sides.
- FrozenRising Crust – Taking things up just a notch are the frozen rising crusts options, in cheese, supreme, and three meat. For that extra thickcrust, you’ll pay $2.75 – still not bad at all, since you’re not breaking $3 for considerably more carbs.
- Frozen Stuffed Crust – To save money on a costly Pizza Hut order, you can try the Cheese Stuffed Crustin pepperoni orthree meat. I can’t find the actual in-store price, but Instacart lists it as $6.39, which means it’s probably less than $6.
- FrozenOrganic– If organics are your thing, you won’t be left out of the pizza aisle at Aldi. The two organic optionsby Simply Nature, 3-cheese and Margherita, cost $3.99 for about 12.5 ounces of pizza.
- Frozen Gluten-Free – Aldi even has the gluten-free crowd covered,so that if one member of your household is gluten intolerant, you won’t have to make a special trip anywhere else. TheliveGfreelabel cheese or pepperoni pizzas are $5.29 each.
- Frozen Cauliflower Crust – With four different topping types, includingthree cheese, margherita, roasted vegetable and uncured pepperoni, the frozen cauliflower crust pizzas are great for low-carb eaters, and vary in price from $4.99 to $6.79.
- RefrigeratedCauliflowerCrust – A great option for vegetarians or thelow-carbcrowd, the refrigerated cauliflower crust pizzas are12-inchtake n’ bakes, come in pepperoniand veggie and cost less than $7.
- Refrigerated Take & Bake– The Take & Bakes have the widest variety, including 16” five cheese, sausage & pepperoni, pepperoni, mega meat, chicken, bacon & ranch, and supreme, as well as a 12” ultimate meat.None ofthese costmore than $6, and they are loaded with toppings!
- RefrigeratedFlatbread– In addition to your round refrigerated pizzas, Aldi sells flatbreads (rectangular in shape), including a Southwest styleand a pepperoni and mozzarella, for under $4.50.
- FrenchBread – Fans of Stouffer’s famous French bread pizzas will flip for the Aldi versions, which come in both deluxe (supreme-like toppings) and extra cheese. I couldn’t find the price for these in-store, but they’re $2.49 on Instacart.
- PizzaSnacks – The brand name version isTotino’sPizza Rolls, and Aldi sells their own version of these pizza-adjacent snacks, in pepperoni and combination, for $2.59 (20 oz bag) or $5.49 (45 oz bag).
- Aldi Finds– Aldi being Aldi, they release dozens of different pizzas as part of their Aldi Finds line. These might appear as MamaCozzi, Specially Selected,liveGfreeor even Simply Nature,andthey allvary in price points.
Aldi doesn’t appear, at this point, to have any pizza options suitable for vegans, as all of their pizzas contain dairy cheese.
Alsopizza-adjacent but not quite pizza-y enough to make this list, Aldi sells refrigerated breadsticks.
Is Aldi Pizza Good?
While the thin-crust frozenpizza is super affordable,critics pan the taste, or lack thereof, citing the flavorless ingredients and sparse toppings as reasons to pass.
I have had this supreme pizza many, many times when I needed an easy dinner, and while they’re not great, I don’t think they’re any worse than other supermarket frozen pizzas I’ve had.
That said, for just a few dollars more, you could get a $5 Hot N Ready from Little Caesar’s, but ultimately if you are buying a cheapie pizza from Aldi, you should go into it knowing you’re there for the price point, not the luxurious flavor.
Thesame criticwho passed judgment on the thin crust pizza went on to suggest shoppers instead try the Take & Bakes out of the refrigerated section.
I have to be honest, I’ve had a few of these, and while they do taste better than the thin crusts, they didn’t have the flavor punch I was looking for. They’re good, but they’re not awesome, and I didn’t think they delivered on the promise of how tasty they look, especially when baked.
(Plus, since they’re refrigerated, you have to eat the Take & Bakes within a few days at most, whereas the frozen pizzas have a good long shelf-life of months.)
One of my personal favorites, though,comes from the Specially Selectedline – the French Recipe Bistro-stylepizza, withitscreamy crèmefrecheand salty bacon.This pizza is so good, bursting with flavor that the MamaCozzilabel can sometimes lack.
What IsTheBest Pizza At Aldi?
I think the best pizzas you can get at Aldi are their specialty or Aldi Finds frozen pizzas. My experience is that these are the most consistently good-tasting, good-quality pies the store has to offer.
You won’t go wrong with the French Recipe Bistro-style, which I already mentioned, and one of their newer entries into the pizza line, the MamaCozzi’sPizza Kitchen Cuban Style. Both have bolder, tastier flavors than their traditional counterparts.
What IsTheWorst Aldi Pizza?
This might surprise some people, but the traditional Take & Bakes are the most disappointing, in terms of how promising they look, versus how they taste.
Hear me out: if you’re paying $2-some for a frozen pizza, are your expectations really that high? Probably not.
If you’re paying $4-6 at Aldi for a refrigerated pizza that is larger and looks fresh (and comes in that nice packaging), you’re expecting a pizzeria-quality pie once it bakes up. And if you ask me, that’s not what you get at all.
Is Aldi Pizza Cheap?
As you no doubt saw in my breakdown of pizzas that Aldi sells, Aldi pizza is super cheap, even the specialty pies.
Their thin crust frozen pizzas are only $2.19, and their Simply Nature organic pizzas are only $3.99, compared to a Wegmans-brand organic pizza, which costs $5.49. Likewise, a Wegmans gluten-free pizza costs $6.49, while an AldiliveGfreeis over a dollar cheaper.
Does Aldi Sell Cauliflower Crust Pizza?
Aldi sells both a refrigerated cauliflower crust pizza and a frozen version.
The refrigerated cauliflower crust pizzas, officially called the MamaCozzi’sPizza Kitchen 12” Cauliflower Crust Deli Pizza, in Cheese or Veggie, sells for $6.79.
The frozen types come in four varieties: Three Cheese, Uncured Pepperoni, Roasted Vegetable and Margherita.These vary in price between $4.99 and $6.79.
Keto fans, I’m sorry to say, these pizzas are not the best option for your diets. They are simply still too high in carbs, with the frozen pizzasnetting 24 grams of carbs per serving(unless you’re having a semi-cheat day,24gwill probably derail a regular eating day).
However, gluten-free eaters rejoice! Both types of cauliflower crust pizzas are gluten-free and will work for your special dietary needs.
What IsTheBest Way To Cook Aldi Pizza?
The best way Ihavefound to cook Aldi pizzas is in your oven. Sometimes the most obvious and straight-forward way is still the best way.
It’s important not to let the frozen pizzas defrost too much first, otherwise they’re a mess to get on the oven rack (and they cook by sitting directly on the rack, not on a pan). If the frozen crusts get too warm/soft, they get soggy and sticky and won’t slide onto the rack.
They also might end up sagging while cooking, so that toppings – or worse, cheese – falls to the bottom of the oven and burns. Avoid the mess!
An idea for reheating your leftovers, though: If you’re reheating by the slice, pop ‘emin the air fryer for a minute or two on 400 degrees.It brings the pizza right back to life, just as good, if not better than before!
Does Aldi Sell Pizza CrustsAndDough?
Aldi has a small selection of pizza crusts. These include mini pizza crusts, sold in packages of three, with three sauce packets as well. They come in original and thin varieties, for about $3.
Unfortunately, Aldi does not have sell ready-made pizza dough (frozen or refrigerated). While you could use their crescent roll dough as a pizza base, the round bags of dough you can find in other grocery stores is not at Aldi.
Also, if you were looking to bulk up the toppings on your thin-crust pizza, be aware that Aldi hasbeen spotty about stocking their regular and turkey pepperoni.
If you are looking to learn more about shopping at Aldi, you can see our related posts on who makes Aldi products, where’s Aldi milk come from, and the Aldi red bag chicken.
Aldi pizza might not always be the best-tasting, but in the case of their thin crust frozenproducts, you’re likely getting the lowest price you’d find in any grocery store.
On the other end of the spectrum, the supermarket has some excellent “gourmet”-style flatbreads that knock it out of the park.
The best thing about Aldi’s pizza selection is that they’re so affordable, no matter what kind you get, so they’re always worth a try.
Which is the best Aldi pizza? ›
The shopper awarded the top gong to ALDI's Thin Crust Pepperoni pizza, but not until she'd completed rounds of rigorous testing.Who makes Aldi pizza? ›
Aldi fans have spoken — and they're putting Mama Cozzi's Pizza Kitchen Take and Bake Deli Pizza into the grocery chain's Fan Favorites “Hall of Fame” as its first inductee.How much is Mama Cozzi pizza at Aldi? ›
Mama Cozzi pies are one of Aldi's most popular offerings; they're a line of frozen and take-and-bake pizzas (in various sizes) that feed four people for less than $7 a pie.How much does pizza cost at Aldi? ›
Our family standard, the 5 cheese, is only $4.99 and all of the pizzas are priced at $6.99 or less. And this is for a BIG pizza.What is the number 1 best pizza? ›
According to Big 7, the world's best pizza is served at 10 by Diego Vitagliano Pizzeria in Naples, Italy.Which is the best and tastiest pizza? ›
Margherita is one of the most popular types of Pizza. The toppings contain, basil, fresh mozzarella cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh tomato sauce. The topping of Margherita pizza may sound simple but they can delight your taste buds. It comes with a thin crust and is cheesy inside.Which is the best pizza brand in the world? ›
- 1 I Masanielli – Francesco Martucci (Naples)
- 1 Una Pizza Napoletana (New York)
- 3 Peppe Pizzeria (Paris)
- 4 50 Kalò (Naples)
- 5 10 Diego Vitagliano Pizzeria (Naples)
- 6 I Tigli (San Bonifacio, Italy)
- 7 Francesco & Salvatore Salvo (Naples)
- 8 Seu Pizza Illuminati (Rome)
Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars are the largest pizza chains in the United States in 2023 based on the number of locations. Domino's Pizza has the most number of locations with 6,694 locations across 51 states and territories. Pizza Hut has 6,600 and Little Caesars has 4,169 locations in the US.How big is an Aldi pizza? ›
Varieties Include: 16" Pepperoni Deli Pizza. 16" Five Cheese Deli Pizza. 16" Supreme Deli Pizza.What is Aldi aisle of shame? ›
SHAME. (Sometimes abbreviated as AOS.) But, at its most basic, the Aisle of Shame is just that fifth aisle at most ALDI stores where they stock most of the new random ALDI Finds of the week (as well as those left over from weeks gone by).
Does Aldi sell deep dish pizza? ›
This Aldi Deep Dish Pizza goes where no deep dish has gone before. Not only is this a delicious Chicago-style recipe, but the ooey-gooey goodness of all that cheese will make you want to stand up and scream with happiness. If you're looking for a way to shake up pizza night, look no further than this deep-dish treat.Can you freeze Aldi's pizza? ›
You can just put it in frozen for a few minutes longer. I have been putting them in the oven around 275°-300° while it's preheating to 425°. It thaws a little and seems to bake more evenly.What size pizza is best for the price? ›
You should always order the large pizza because it will be cheaper per square inch. While a 16-inch pizza is four times the size of the 8-inch pizza, the larger pizza will be far less than four times the price of the small.How much do you tip on a $30 pizza? ›
The Web site www.tipthepizzaguy.com suggests the following: 15% for normal service, with a $2 minimum; 20% for excellent service; 10% or less for poor service; at least 10% for orders of $50 or more. Don't assume a delivery charge, if there is one, goes to the pizza deliverer. Ask the person who takes your order.How many does a 10-inch pizza serve? ›
Small pizzas average between 8 and 10 inches in diameter and will yield about six slices. Medium pizzas run 12 inches in diameter and will give you about eight slices. Large pizzas are 14 inches in diameter and will offer approximately 10 slices.What is the best tasting pizza in the US? ›
Una Pizza Napoletana by Anthony Mangieri in New York has been named the Best Pizzeria in the USA for 2022 by 50 Top Pizza. Tony's Pizza Napoletana by Tony Gemignani in San Francisco takes second place. On the third step of the podium is Ribalta NYC in New York.What is the most loved pizza? ›
- Farmhouse Pizza. It is a famous, authentic Italian style pizza. ...
- Peppy Paneer Pizza. This is an Indian twist to the pizza which uses paneer or cottage cheese. ...
- Aussie Pizza. ...
- Margherita Pizza. ...
- Cheese N Corn Pizza. ...
- BBQ Chicken Pizza. ...
- Pepperoni Pizza. ...
- Paneer Makhni Pizza.
Earning the top spot: Una Pizza Napoletana, located on New York City's Lower East Side.Which pizza variety is best? ›
1. Margherita Pizza. Margherita is the mother of all pizzas. This Neopaltian-style pizza has thin crust, fresh tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and just a few leaves of basil.Which pizza place has best pizza? ›
- CiCi's Pizza.
- Domino's. ...
- Round Table Pizza. ...
- Pizza Hut. ...
- Papa John's. ...
- Sbarro. ...
- Godfather's Pizza. ...
- Little Caesar's. Little Caesar's has built an empire on providing super cheap pizza to customers without any wait time. ...
What is America's most popular frozen pizza brand? ›
1. DiGiorno. You've heard the name before, but DiGiorno was most frequently voted as one of the best frozen pizzas according to the expert websites we visited. Now, there are several different DiGiorno options to choose from, but they all have a spot on the list of the best frozen pizzas.What rank is Costco pizza? ›
With around 400 locations in the U.S., Costco is the 15th largest pizza chain in America, even outnumbering places like California Pizza Kitchen.What day is the most pizza sold? ›
The Biggest day for Pizza sales is Super Bowl Sunday. We look at the most popular in each state.What is the most popular pizza choice? ›
However, according to a survey by YouGov America, pepperoni pizza is by far the most ordered pizza in the United States. Why? Pepperoni has a savory salty taste with just the right amount of spice, has a texture softer than salami, and melds perfectly with a variety of sauces, cheeses, and crust types.What is the most popular pizza combination? ›
- Pepperoni. This may not come as a surprise, but pepperoni is by far the most popular pizza topping in the United States. ...
- Extra Cheese. Also a classic, many Americans order extra cheese on their pies. ...
- Mushrooms. ...
- Onions. ...
- Sausage. ...
- Black Olives. ...
- Green Peppers. ...
The hydration will affect the properties of the flour, such as elasticity, stickiness, and rise of the pizza crust. Too little hydration and the crust will come out dense and dry, while too much will result in a sticky and watery dough that is tricky to shape and difficult to slide into the oven.What is the most unpopular pizza? ›
The survey named the three least popular toppings in America, which are (in order from least-disliked to most disliked) jalapeño, pineapple and anchovies. This isn't to say, however, that these toppings don't have their fans.What is the least liked pizza? ›
You're finally off the hook, pineapple. According to a recent survey of over 2,000 adults, Americans' least-favorite pizza topping isn't chunks of tropical fruit anymore; instead, we're collectively skittish about salty fish.What is the most liked pizza brand? ›
|3||Little Caesars Pizza*||3|
|4||Papa John's International*||4|
Check out the latest ranking of the world's greatest pizzerias from Italian pizza connoisseurs 50 Top Pizza. The top spot on year's list went jointly to Una Pizza Napoletana in New York and I Masanielli in Caserta, Italy.
What is the best pizza 2022? ›
Una Pizza Napoletana owned by Anthony Mangieri in New York has captured the title of Best Pizzeria in the United States for 2022. In second place is Tony's Pizza Napoletana owned by Tony Gemignani in San Francisco.What tastes surprisingly good on pizza? ›
- Beetroot pesto with goat cheese. ...
- Caramelised onions, apples and goat cheese. ...
- Breakfast pizza. ...
- Bacon, sausage, jalapeno and sriracha sauce. ...
- Rhubarb, basil and apple honey BBQ sauce. ...
- Grilled honey chicken with sriracha sauce. ...
- Calamari. ...
- Red peanut curry.