How to setup Microsoft Hindi Input tool in Windows 10
Microsoft Hindi Input tool is Hindi input keyboard for Windows 10. It works just like Google Hindi input keyboard. Where you type in English and it will automatically be converted to Hindi.
For example, if you type “aur” it will become और, if you type “google input tool” it will converted to गूगल इनपुट टूल.
As of now Google has revoked support for Google Hindi Input for Windows. If you check Google page it will give you 404 error. It means Google Input Tools are no further supported by Google.
However, if you want to install Google Hindi for windows 7, you can still download it from our previous post.
But there is no need of worry, Microsoft has come up with their own Input tools, that is also called as Bhashaindia. You can use Microsoft Hindi input tool to type in Hindi easily
There are another alternative methods are available to type in Hindi e.g. Google Hindi Online keyboard. From which you can type in English and will converted to Hindi. But in this method you will need a working internet connection.
Further you have to first type in Google HIndi page from where you can copy and paste in any MS Word file.
Microsoft Indic Language input tool keyboard made our works easy by typing directly in the MS Word file.
In this post we will explain you how to set up Microsoft Hindi Input tool in Windows 10.
For setup Microsoft Hindi Input tool in Windows 10 follow the following steps:
- First you have to add Hindi language in the language setting of windows 10. Open windows settings and search language settings. Here, add a preferred language by + sign, select Hindi and add. If any thing needed to install complete the setup.
- When you click on Hindi language, you will see options tab. Click on options, and by + sign add a keyboard for Hindi. For example, Hindi (India) – Devanagari.
- To download and install MS Indic tool, open the Bhashaindia by Microsoft website, from here download Hindi MS Indic tool.
- Now you can run the installation file and MS Indic keyboard will be added as a keyboard in Hindi language.
- If you have encountered any error during installation like “.net framework not installed”. You have to install latest .net framework from Microsoft website.
- If you found error like .net framework already installed in this PC. You have to enable it from programs and features. Open control panel> programs> Turn windows feature on or off, from here you can enable .net framework, if setup files required download them and install.
- After installing .net framework, run the MS Indic setup again. When finished, restart your computer.
- Now you can see in language settings that MS Indic Hindi keyboard is installed. You can toggle between languages by clicking on the language icon on task bar. Or can also change between keyboards by pressing Alt + Shift key combination.
Now you have completed setup of Microsoft Hindi Input tool in Windows 10. You can type in Hindi any file, e.g. MS Word, PPT etc. just like Google Hindi keyboard.
Hope we are able to make you learn, how to setup MS Indic input tool for Windows 10.
Tags:Google Hindi IME
How to add Hindi input language in Windows 10? ›
Select the Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region. Select the language that has the keyboard you want, then select Options. Select Add a keyboard and choose the keyboard you want to add.How to install Microsoft Hindi Input Tools? ›
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options. 2. On the Languages tab, select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box. Most languages are installed by default.How to activate Microsoft Indic Language Input tool in Windows 10? ›
Add Indic Phonetic keyboards:
Add the keyboard by clicking the + icon and then select the type of keyboard. Lastly, enable the phonetic keyboard by clicking on the input indicator on the taskbar (or press the Windows key + Space) and select the Indic Phonetic keyboard.
- Step 1: Go to 'time & language' in settings.
- Step 2: Then, select the 'language' from the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Now, click on the '+ icon'.
- Step 4: Type the language name 'Hindi' in the search bar and add the preferred Indic language (by selecting into the search box and select it).
- Open Settings and click Time & language.
- Click Region & language.
- Under Languages, click Add a language.
- In the search bar, type in Hindi.
- Click Hindi in the result and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Tap System. Languages & input.
- Under "Keyboards," tap Virtual keyboard.
- Tap Gboard. Languages.
- Pick a language.
- Turn on the layout you want to use.
- Tap Done.
Open an Office program, such as Word. Click File > Options > Language. In the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog box, under Choose Display and Help Languages, choose the language that you want to use, and then select Set as Default.How can I use Hindi font in Windows 10? ›
First Method - Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7
Step I: Download font from given link for Hindi Fonts. Step IV: Click on install button the font will be install on your system and now you can select the font in MS Word or type in that font.
Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool (ILIT)
Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool helps you enter Indian language text easily into any Microsoft Windows applications.
- Press Windows key + X and click on Programs and Features.
- Right click on Indic Language Tool and select Uninstall.
How do I activate tools in Windows 10? ›
After you enter into Windows 10 Command Prompt, you can copy and paste this command line: slmgr.vbs /upk, in the Command Prompt window. Hit Enter to execute the command. Step 3. Next you can copy and paste this command line and hit Enter to install the Windows 10 product key: slmgr /ipk <Windows 10 activation key>.How do I fix Language or version not supported with Windows 10 using media creation tool? ›
If you get this error message, and you're sure that your device meets the hardware and software requirements, you can try to upgrade downloading the Windows 10 ISO file, or you can create a USB bootable media using the Media Creation Tool on another computer that you can use to perform an in-place upgrade.How can I change text from English to Hindi in Word? ›
- In your document, highlight the text you want to translate.
- Select Review > Translate > Translate Selection.
- Select your language to see the translation.
- Select Insert. The translated text will replace the text you highlighted in step 1.
Steps To Install Kruti Dev 010 Hindi Font (Windows):
Step 1: Open The Folder Containing The Download File. Select The Font File & Right Click. Step 2: Click On Install and the font is installed. Now You are ready to use the Kruti Dev 010 Hindi Font.
To insert a Unicode character, type the character code, press ALT, and then press X.How to install Unicode on Windows 10? ›
Click on Start > Control Panel on the taskbar at the bottom left of your desktop. Select “Fonts” from the Control Panel. From the drop-down menus, choose File > Install New Font. Find the Unicode font you wish to instal in the folder or drive where the font file is located.How can I type Hindi in Windows? ›
Step 1: Head over to Settings-->Time & Language-->Language. Step 2: Click on Hindi and then click on options. Step 3: Once you click on options, a new window will open in which you will see a Keyboards section. Step 4: Click on Add a keyboard and select Hindi Phonetic.How to install Hindi Indic Input 3 in Windows 10? ›
Click the Language Indicator located in the System Tray on the right side of the Windows taskbar or on Language bar as shown below and select HI-Hindi. 3. Select Hindi Indic Input 3 from the shortcut menu that appears. The PC is now ready to start typing in Hindi.How to write in Devanagari with keyboard? ›
- Use the capital to type the letters subscribed with a dot below: T, Th, D, Dh, N, R, Rh, L, S.
- Type G for ng (ṅ) and J for ñ
- Type z or ç or sh for ś
- Special characters: Type jJ for ज्ञ ; kS for क्ष ; sk for स्क
- Type aa, ii, uu (or A, I, U) for the long vowels ā, ī, ū
The reason is Character encoding. You have to set character Encoding UTF-8 to see Hindi characters properly on web browsers.
Is Hindi font available in MS Word? ›
You can download Top Hindi Fonts (Devanagari, Nepali, Sanskrit and Marathi Font). We also have popular fonts like Devlys and Kruti Dev! You can use the fonts on various purposes like personal, professional or business use on workstations. We have fonts that fulfil your typography, language and translation purposes.How do I enable Kruti dev font? ›
Click on the Start Menu -> Settings -> Control Panel. Open Fonts and click the File -> Install New Font. Select the folder in which you saved the font file. Select all fonts listed by the name Kruti Dev from the Font list and click OK.How to use Kruti dev font? ›
It's very simple just download and install Krutidev font in your system. Now open any text editor like MS word or Notepad and Select installed Krutidev font from font family drop down box and press any key on keyboard. What ever you type will be in Hindi Krutidev font.How to install Devanagari fonts? ›
- Right-click the Devanagari font file(s) and choose "Install". the bottom of the preview. - Either copy the Devanagari font file(s) to /Library/Fonts (for all users), or to /Users/Your_username/Library/Fonts (for you only). - You have to convert the Devanagari font file(s) you have downloaded.How do you reset input language? ›
Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab. Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.How do I install an Indic keyboard? ›
Open Settings -> Language & Input, under "KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS" section, go to Current Keyboard -> Choose Keyboards -> Check "Google Indic Keyboard" -> back to "Language & input" -> Current Keyboard -> Select "English & Indic Languages (Google Indic Keyboard)"When typing in an input box, you can also change the ...How do I fix language problems in Windows 10? ›
- Select Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region.
- Choose a language from the Windows display language menu, or, next to Preferred languages, select Add a language to install the one you want if it isn't listed.
- Start an Office program that has not been activated.
- Click Activate Product on the. Help menu in any Office program.
- Run the Office Activation Wizard outside an Office program. To do this, click Start, point to. Programs, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Activate Product.
User-defined tools can be invoked either by selection from the Tools menu, or by pressing Ctrl-F1 through Ctrl-F9. Ctrl-F1 corresponds to the first user-defined tool, Ctrl-F2 for the second, etc. To setup user-defined tools, select Tools->Settings->Tools.How do I install tools on Windows? ›
- Locate and download an .exe file.
- Locate and double-click the .exe file. (It will usually be in your Downloads folder.)
- A dialog box will appear. Follow the instructions to install the software.
- The software will be installed.
Why is Windows 10 Media Creation Tool not recognizing USB? ›
Check if the USB Is Set as the Primary Drive
Then, you will get a Windows media creation tool can't find USB error. It is also possible that the USB drive has a primary disk in it. To fix the issue, you can go to Disk Management and check if the USB is set as the primary partition.
Windows Media Player is included with Windows 10 desktop. Note that the app no longer plays DVDs.Does Windows 10 media creation tool still work? ›
The Media Creation Tool still works. With some caveats, of course. The first is that your current OS should be an original copy with a product key. This way, you'll be able to claim a digital license for the latest Windows 10 version rather than entering a paid Windows 10 license key.Which keyboard layout is best for Hindi typing? ›
InScript (short for Indic Script) is the decreed standard keyboard layout for Indian scripts using a standard 104- or 105-key layout.How to download and install Hindi fonts? ›
At indiatyping.com we provide all type of Hindi font for Free download. Most famous Devlys Hindi font Kruti dev, Mangal and many more Hindi typing fonts are available for free download. Here user can also download Hindi keyboard layout for Typewriter ( Remington) layout used in Hindi Typing.How to add mangal font in Windows 10? ›
A) For Windows 10
1- Check your PC system type whether it is 64 bit or 32 bit. 2- Then download Hindi indic mangal fonts setup. 3- Install “hindi indic 64 bit” or “hindi indic 32 bit” as per your PC system type. 4- Then open “Remington” file and click on setup then allow it for run.
Kruti Dev (Devanagari: कृतिदेव) is Devanagari typeface and non-Unicode clip font typeface which uses the keyboard layout of Remington's typewriters. In north Indian states many public service commissions conduct their clerk, stenographer, data entry operator's typing exams using the Kruti Dev typeface.Is Krutidev font Unicode? ›
Kruti Dev is a None-Unicode Hindi Devanagari typeface font. It is also known as Hindi Legacy Fonts. These Fonts uses English characters to produce Hindi script.How can I add Hindi typing in English keyboard? ›
- Click on the Start button, then select Settings -> Time & Language -> Language.
- In Language settings page click on Language -> Add a language, as highlighted in shown image:
- A new window will open titled as "Choose a language to install".
- Go to “Language” → “Input Tools” → “Edit”.
- In the “Input Tools settings” dialog that appears, select the input tool you'd like to use. ...
- Edit your settings and click “Save”.
What is the shortcut key for Hindi typing in MS Word? ›
It is the language Bar. Select Hindi India Option in Language Bar. You can also use shortcut key" Alt+Shift" to switch between the languages. Step 2: After Selecting Hindi you will find a little window appear like showing in image given below, at the corner near date and time display.Which software is used for Hindi typing? ›
Google Input Tool is the best way to learn Hindi typing. The Google Input Tool allows users to type in English; then the software will convert the English text into the Hindi language.What is the font of Hindi typing in computer? ›
Krutidev fonts are most popular font for Hindi typing. Kruti Dev (कृतिदेव) is Devanagari typeface and non-Unicode clip font. Krutidev uses Remington (typewriter) keyboard layout for type in Hindi. Krutidev the most common and it is a standard font in many of the states government in India.How to install Hindi Indic Input 2 in Windows 10? ›
To Use Hindi Indic Input 2
Click the Language Indicator located in the System Tray on the right side of the Windows taskbar or on Language bar as shown below and select HI-Hindi. 3. Select Hindi Indic Input 2 from the shortcut menu that appears. The PC is now ready to start typing in Hindi.
Click on Start > Control Panel on the taskbar at the bottom left of your desktop. Select “Fonts” from the Control Panel. From the drop-down menus, choose File > Install New Font. Find the Unicode font you wish to instal in the folder or drive where the font file is located.Does Windows 10 support Google Input Tools? ›
You need not install Google Input Tools on your system. Hence, you can use it on any operating system, like Windows 10, Windows 11, etc. You just need to open Google Chrome or another browser to use Google Input Tools.How to setup Hindi in google drive Google Input Tools? ›
Go to File → Language. Then, select the language you'd like to use.How can I activate Hindi Google assistant? ›
Go to your apps. Google Assistant. Tap Languages. Select a language.